We call this workshop “Extreme Stewardship” because this is the area where you need to take extreme measures to secure and preserve your donors’ loyalty. Stewardship is the most essential step in fundraising and paves a permanent path from each of your donor’s own philanthropic goals to your nonprofit’s mission.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
9:00 a.m. to Noon
Rollins College, Bush Executive Center Basement Room 10 (Main Campus)
SunTrust Parking Garage
East Lyman Avenue
Winter Park, Florida 32789
We call this workshop "Extreme Stewardship” because this is the area where you need to take extreme measures to secure and preserve your donors’ loyalty. Stewardship is the most essential step in fundraising and paves a permanent path from each of your donor’s own philanthropic goals to your nonprofit’s mission.
When "done right’, stewardship lays the foundation for the next gift, and the next gift, and so on… turning donors into investors of your nonprofit. To ensure repeat gifts at increased amounts, this workshop will show you how to steward relationships with your investors so that they:
- Recognize that your nonprofit has the capacity to manage their investment
- Are pleased with the return on their investment
- Experience memorable connections and an intense sense of reward from their relationship with your nonprofit
- Continue to make long-term investments in your nonprofit’s work
You will learn how to:
- GRAB your investor through Gratitude, Recognition, Acknowledgement and sharing the Benefits of their investments
- Express appreciation in the ways that are meaningful to the investor
- Create a stewardship plan that will work for your nonprofit, regardless of your size or resources
- Incorporate board members and other volunteers into your stewardship plan
- Gain new ideas for proven and promising stewardship practices from sharing with other nonprofits
View the full course outline (PDF)
Tuition: $60 Members, $110 Non-members
save 10% on tuition, register for both Prospect Research and Extreme Stewardship at the same time and use the promo code
"Prospect/Steward” when checking out. Be sure to click "Apply" to
receive the 10% discount.
Instructor: Terri Chastain, CFRE, Consultant
Terri Chastain, CFRE, is a fundraising and training consultant for the Rollins College Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Center. She has over 25 years of experience working for nonprofit organizations, including serving as Development Director for the Adult Literacy League and UCP of Central Florida. Her experience includes major gifts; training & management of staff, board, and volunteers; foundation & corporate support; annual fund; special events; and in-kind support, as well as direct program service in the fields of children’s, family, and disability / special needs services. Ms. Chastain has worked in the nonprofit and government sectors since completing her undergraduate education at Berry College in Rome, Georgia. She is a member, and a former board member, of the Association for Fundraising Professionals; a member and former board member of the Grant Professionals Network of Central Florida; and a Certified Fund Raising Executive, CFRE.
Full participation in Extreme Stewardship is applicable for three (3) points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Read more at www.cfre.org.