The Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership offers scholarships to member organizations, which are made possible through the generosity of the Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation. We strongly encourage organizations to consider their capacity development needs when applying, as scholarships can be awarded to more than one individual.
- Step 1: Please complete the Scholarship Application Form
This form must be completed in lieu of the online registration process each time your organization requests scholarship funding for a workshop. More than one scholarship may be applied for at one time. We suggest applying early in order to guarantee a place in the workshop. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Workshops are subject to closure once they reach capacity limits.
- Step 2: After applying, please allow 2-3 business days for processing. You will receive an approval email with instructions on paying any remaining balance owed.
- Step 3: Once you have received an approval email, pay the remaining amount owed no later than 3 business days prior to the workshop.
- Step 4: You will receive a confirmation email with directions at least 5 business days prior to the workshop. If you do not receive this email, please call our office at 407-975-6414.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Participant's organization must be a member of the Edyth Bush Institute
- Participant's organization must qualify as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3)
- Eligible organizations may request up to $500 in scholarship funds during each calendar year as funds are available
- Paid staff, board members and key volunteers of Edyth Bush Institute member organizations are considered eligible applicants
- All prior invoices must be paid in full in order to be eligible for scholarships
- The scholarship savings amount is based on the member organization’s current budgeted revenue
- Edyth Bush Institute Member Scholarships are not available for events under three (3) hours in length, or the following events, including but not limited to: Online training programs, One Stop Board Retreat, Courage to Lead Retreat, Leaders Series Breakfasts/Luncheons, Board Leadership Breakfasts, Roundtables, Breakfast with the CEOs, and Dialogue with the Donors.
Scholarship Award Scale
|30% of registration fee
||70% of registration fee
- Once a scholarship application form is approved, registration is considered complete and the applicant(s) will be responsible for paying any remaining fees owed.
- Pre-payment of remaining fees is mandatory and must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date.
- Failure to pay remaining fees at least 3 business days prior to the workshop will result in a voided registration and scholarship application form and the applicant(s) will no longer have a seat in the workshop(s).
- Cancellations must be received in writing no later than 3 business days prior to the workshop. If cancellation is received by this deadline, the individual can transfer the fees paid to another workshop, designate another person to attend in his/her place, or receive a full refund of the amount paid.
- Individuals who cancel less than 3 business days prior to the workshop or who do not show up for the workshop will not be eligible for a refund or credit, and will be responsible for paying the full pre-scholarship registration fee
All cancellations are subject to a $15 cancellation fee.
Please note that registrants who do not cancel
before 3 working days* in advance of the workshop (including online workshops)
and do not attend are liable for the entire workshop fee. Lack of payment does
not constitute cancellation.
Individuals who must cancel their registration
may select one of the following three options, provided that they submit their
cancellation to the Edyth Bush Institute in writing (email@example.com) no later than three (3) working days prior to
the workshop start date:
registration fee to another workshop.
Designate an alternate
person to attend.
Receive a refund of
the tuition fee, less the $15 cancellation fee.
No-shows are not eligible for a fee transfer or
refund and will be held responsible for all unpaid fees.
*If the workshop is on Tuesday, we must receive
your cancellation by the close of business the prior Thursday.